Welcome to college, the land of absent-minded professors, social lives, and all-nighters! Finally on your own, you are free to use your time as you wish. A movie at 3:00 a.m.? Why not! Soccer between classes? Sounds like a blast! College is a time of fun and growth, and in order to achieve the greatest benefit from it, you must decide what you hope to accomplish in college. Here are a few steps to help you get started on your journey:
1. DETERMINE YOUR PRIORITIES.What do you hope to accomplish in college? Decide what is and is not important to you. Make a list of your priorities, numbering them by importance.
2. SET GOALS. You cannot reach a goal if you don’t have one. Once you have determined your priorities, you must decide what you are going to do about them. Set specific goals that can be measured. For example, if getting passing grades is one of your priorities, define what that means. What specific grades do you want? Don’t forget to write down your goals. Put them somewhere you will see them on a regular basis.
3. DEVELOP A PLAN. You must decide how you will obtain your goals. This step includes creating a schedule, which can take on a variety of forms. Schedule time to reach your goals. Using our previous example of getting passing grades, schedule study time. Set aside the needed number of hours at a specific time.
4. FOLLOW YOUR PLAN. Once you have determined your priorities, set your goals, and developed a plan, follow it! You can only succeed if you act upon your decisions.
5. EVALUATE/CHANGE YOUR PLAN. Periodically evaluate your priorities, goals, and plan. Are you satisfied with where you’re heading? Have your priorities or goals changed? Is your plan working? If you have changed your priorities, you may need to adjust your goals and plan. Also, if your plan doesn’t seem to be working, try changing it. Don’t be discouraged if you fail in your first attempt. Don’t give up. You can reach your dreams!
Enjoy your time in college!
Frugal College Student
Editor @ MyFinancialLifeCoach.net
Visit us at http://www.MyFinancialLifeCoach.net
Keywords: Change, Balance, Education, Goals, Goal Setting, Life, Life Balance, Miscellaneous, Personal, Priorities, Procrastination, Relationships, Saving, Saving Money, Stress, Thoughts, Time, Time Management, Work, Uncategorized