What is your work style? Could you be an inbox type of person?
People who live like inboxes don’t prioritize. Instead of looking at their work and formulating a plan, they get straight to work at whatever is dumped on them. If you do this . . . STOP! Planning is a critical part of generating results. Your time is limited. Be selective in how you spend it. Decide what you will and will not do. You don’t have enough time to finish everything. Determine what your priorities are and start with those.
Managing your time is not someone else’s responsibility. It is yours. You are responsible for your own time management and prioritization management, so do not allow others to dictate your life and your schedule.
When someone gives you a new task, don’t automatically do it. Take the time to look at each item to decide whether or not it is a good investment of your time and talents. Ask 1) Is it important? 2) Am I the right person for the job? and 3) Should I say no?
Every day, evaluate how you will spend your time. Prioritize. How do these items align with your personal goals, priorities, and mission? Think before you work.
You have a choice, and the choice is yours.
Bryan CooperMy Financial Life Coach LLC “Helping You Get Your Financial House In Order” 2280 W William St., Suite A Delaware, OH 43015 http://www.MyFinancialLifeCoach.net https://www.facebook.com/MyFinancialLifeCoach http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bryan-cooper/26/199/722
- You Get What You Focus On: Your Appreciation Journal (myfinanciallifecoach.wordpress.com)
- Time to say goodbye…. (myfinanciallifecoach.wordpress.com)
- How Is Your Spare Tire? (myfinanciallifecoach.wordpress.com)
- Solo-E Expert Q&A – Time Management, Priorities & Focusing (solo-e.com)
- Prioritize your social media in order of importance (techi.com)
- The 3 Most Critical Times of a Productive Work Day (whyleadnow.com)
- Prioritizing your crazy to-do list (gtdtimes.com)